About the Estate Sales Professionals and Our Team
The team behind our Estate Sales is quite unique. After our many years in business, we have found the most wonderful team of people who are ready to pitch in at a moment’s notice to help with an estate sale or liquidation. Some work in the shop every day, but most bring their talents when needed. Unfortunately, they are a little camera shy so you will have to come to a sale to meet them!
Buddy, The Mascot
Have you met Buddy? He is our little mascot, and you better believe he keeps everyone on their toes. Buddy often accompanies Berenice to Estate Sales , meets guests at the shop door and generally makes his presence known. Sometimes Buddy talks us into offering special discounts. So be on the lookout for Buddy, he could be worth big bucks on your next Estate Sale Purchase!
Berenice Denton Estate Sales and Appraisals is blessed to have the best team in the business. You will find a diverse group of vivacious, passionate, and wonderful people. Their expertise in setting up, pricing , staging, photography, internet marketing and communication skills are beyond comparison. They are committed to maintaining integrity when conducting an estate sale, or serving you in the shop.
Her team also includes some of her children and grandchildren pitching in, making it truly a family affair!
Berenice Denton, Nashville’s “Estate Sale Queen”, has been in the appraisal and estate sale business for the over 40 years.
As a graduate of Vanderbilt University, and member of the Appraisers Association of America and the New England Appraisers Association, Berenice and her knowledgeable team have held estate sales all over Nashville, Middle Tennessee, Memphis, TN, Birmingham and Sheffield, Alabama, Marion, Illinois, Cadiz, Kentucky, Fayetteville, Arkansas, Dayton, Ohio and as far west as Albuquerque, New Mexico.
While she has conducted Estate Sales for some of Nashville’s biggest names and several celebrities, she truly enjoys helping all people during transitional times in their lives.
By regularly attending seminars and conferences, She actively keeps up with knowledge of fair market values in regards to furniture, art, and home décor, as well the changing appraisal and estate sale standards.
Berenice’s years of experience and infectious southern charm have made her one of the most successful in the business earning her numerous awards from various organizations.
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History, English, and Secondary Education – Vanderbilt University, 1958
Professional Estate Sales Background
- Founder and owner of Berenice Denton Estate Sales and Appraisals, The Cottage in Bellevue, The Cottage Café in Nashville, TN
- Co-Founder of “Christmas Village” with Barbara Fridrich, Nashville, TN
- Co-Founder of the National Estate Sale Association, NESA
- Participates in several annual appraisal fair events including Atheneum Appraisal show in Columbia, TN, First Presbyterian Church, and Nashville Public Television.
- Participated in Philip Morris Antiques Road Show for over 5 Years throughout the country
- Guest speaker on antiques and appraising at various clubs and organizations including Junior League, Garden Clubs, Investment Clubs, Ladies Clubs and Civic Organizations, Chattanooga, TN “Road Show” Appraisal Day, Free Appraisal Day for The Humane Society, APTA Appraisal Fair at the Belle Meade Mansion
- Past Instructor at the University School, Adult Education Program in “Estate Sales” and Guest Instructor at Montgomery Bell Academy in Nashville, TN
- Has been a guest on the WSMV/NBC Noon Show in Nashville TN discussing various antique topics.
- Estate Sale Excellence Award from EstateSales.com for Most Viewed Company in TN and Top 50 Viewed Company in Country, 2013 & 2014
- Highest Estate Sales in 2013 from Estatesales.net
- Given the Prestigious National Pi Beta Phi Fraternity Carolyn Holman Lichtenberg Crest Award. This Award is presented to distinguished alumni honored for outstanding personal achievement in areas of community success or professional development.
- Received “Woman of the Year” Award, Green Hills News, 1998
- Received the “Best in Nashville” Award by the Nashville Scene
- Named the “Estate Sale Queen” by The Tennessean Newspaper in 1997
- Past President of the Vanderbilt University Alumni Association
- Past and Present Memberships: Centennial Club, Cheekwood and Frist Center for the Visual Arts
High Profile Appraisal Clients
- Roy Orbison
- Pam Tillis
- Trace Adkins
- John Moore Lee
- Ambassador Guilford Dudley
- Joe Galante
- George Gillett
- Fine Art Appraisal for the Tenenbaum Estate in Little Rock, AR
- Belmont and Fisk Universities
- Belle Meade Mansion
- Sony Music
High Profile Estate Sale Clients
- Various Performers and Celebrities including: Bill Monroe, Trisha Yearwood, Barbara Mandrell, Waylon Jennings, Buddy Killen, Jimmy Velvet, Sheryl Crow, Martina McBride, Hank Williams Sr, Louise and Earl Scruggs, Skeeter Davis, and Luke Perry
- Ambassador Guilford Dudley
- The Dan Maddox Estate
- American General Insurance
- Robinson Humphrey Investment Firm
- West End Methodist Church
- Estate of Alfred Goodman of Dayton, Ohio
- Chancellor Harvey Branscomb
- George Gillette
Appraising Areas of Expertise
- Trust Departments, Insurance Companies, Damage/Loss Claims, Inventory, Estates, Equitable Distribution, Tax Donations, Charitable Contributions.
- Antiques and General Residential Contents Appraiser
- Commercial Appraiser
- Appraisals, Consultations and Evaluations
Pride and Joy – Husband, 4 Children and their spouses, 13 Grandchildren