About Berenice Denton
Berenice Denton, Nashville’s “Estate Sale Queen”, has been in the appraisal and estate sale business for the over 40 years.
As a graduate of Vanderbilt University, and member of the Appraisers Association of America and the New England Appraisers Association, Berenice and her knowledgeable team have held estate sales all over Nashville, Middle Tennessee, Memphis, TN, Birmingham and Sheffield, Alabama, Marion, Illinois, Cadiz, Kentucky, Fayetteville, Arkansas, Dayton, Ohio and as far west as Albuquerque, New Mexico.
While she has conducted Estate Sales for some of Nashville’s biggest names and several celebrities, she truly enjoys helping all people during transitional times in their lives.
By regularly attending seminars and conferences, She actively keeps up with knowledge of fair market values in regards to furniture, art, and home décor, as well the changing appraisal and estate sale standards.
Berenice’s years of experience and infectious southern charm have made her one of the most successful in the business earning her numerous awards from various organizations.
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History, English, and Secondary Education – Vanderbilt University, 1958
- Founder and owner of Berenice Denton Estate Sales and Appraisals, The Cottage Gift Shop, and The Cottage Café in Nashville, TN
- Co-Founder of “Christmas Village” with Barbara Fridrich, Nashville, TN
- Co Founder of the National Estate Sale Association, NESA
- Participates in several annual appraisal fair events including: Athenum Appraisal show in Columbia, TN, First Presbyterian Church, and Nashville Public Television.
- Participated in Philip Morris Antiques Road Show for over 5 Years throughout the country
- Guest speaker on antiques and appraising at various clubs and organizations including Junior League, Garden Clubs, Investment Clubs, Ladies Clubs and Civic Organizations, Chattanooga, TN “Road Show” Appraisal Day, Free Appraisal Day for The Humane Society, APTA Appraisal Fair at the Belle Meade Mansion
- Past Instructor at the University School, Adult Education Program in “Estate Sales” and Guest Instructor at Montgomery Bell Academy in Nashville, TN
- Has been a guest on the WSMV/NBC Noon Show in Nashville TN discussing various antique topics.
- Past President of the Vanderbilt University Alumni Association
- Past and Present Memberships: Centennial Club, Cheekwood and Frist Center for the Visual Arts
- Estate Sale Excellence Award from EstateSales.com for Most Viewed Company in TN and Top 50 Viewed Company in Country, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Highest Estate Sales in 2013 from Estatesales.net
- Given the Prestigious National Pi Beta Phi Fraternity Carolyn Holman Lichtenberg Crest Award. This Award is presented to distinguished alumni honored for outstanding personal achievement in areas of community success or professional development.
- Received “Woman of the Year” Award, Green Hills News, 1998
- Received the “Best in Nashville” Award by the Nashville Scene
- Named the “Estate Sale Queen” by The Tennessean Newspaper in 1997
High Profile Appraisal Clients
- Estate of Roy Orbison
- Pam Tillis
- Trace Adkins
- John Moore Lee
- Ambassador Guilford Dudley
- Joe Galante
- George Gillett
- Fine Art Appraisal for the Tenenbaum Estate in Little Rock, AR
- Belmont and Fisk Universities
- Belle Meade Mansion
- Sony Music
- FBI; Memphis Field Office
High Profile Estate Sale Clients
- Various Performers and Celebrities including: 2 sales for the estate of Bill Monroe, Trisha Yearwood, Barbara Mandrell, Waylon Jennings, Buddy Killen, Jimmy Velvet, Sheryl Crow, Martina McBride, Hank Williams Sr, Louise and Earl Scruggs, Skeeter Davis, and Luke Perry
- Ambassador Guilford Dudley
- The Dan Maddox Estate
- American General Insurance
- Robinson Humphrey Investment Firm
- West End Methodist Church
- Estate of Alfred Goodman of Dayton, Ohio
- Chancellor Harvey Branscomb
- George Gillete
Appraising Areas of Expertise
- Insurance Values, Damage/Loss Claims, Inventory, Estates, Equitable Distribution, Tax Donations, Charitable Contributions.
- Antiques and General Residential Contents